Thursday, October 18, 2007

181007

A virus hit me three days ago, infecting ALL my system files and I had a freaking tough time trying to weed it out... imagine scanning your lappy and it says over 1000+ files infected and still counting!! McAfee keeps popping out like 1000 times saying that my files got infected, and stupid housecall online scan says it can only clean the first 500 files although 1200+ files were infected... after cleaning the first 500 files, it RECOMMENDS me to rescan my lappy... duh!

Ok so I rescanned my lappy and lo and behold.. the virus was quicker than me!!! It infected another 1000 files but housecall still could only clean the first 500... I realised I am at a losing battle... I did the unthinkable...

Formatting my Lappy... with no back up!! =o(

All in all, it took me almost 24hrs to...
1) realised something was wrong with my lappy (the "I think I kanna virus kindda feeling")
2) try to get online and use housecall (the virus apparently slows down my whole comp)
3) format my lappy
4) reinstall windows
5) reinstall all programs (eg, adobe programs, firefoxes, MS office...etc)

well..... at least now my lappy works like its a new comp =o) For the record... I wasn't downloading porn (I dun anyway) ... I did one of those stupid things a savvy guy like me shudn't be doing... opening stupid email attachments... and the email CAME FROM........ *drum roll* .............. A FRIEND *tada* ! so yeah ... I already told you who you are.... thanks =o)

btw, the Virus(es) were called NEW_WIN32.gen and VIRTO.gen something like tt ... can't remmeber exactly...


====================
Cool thing is ... think my lappy packs more punch now.. haha.. downloaded a couple of kewl add-ons for my firefox... just saved a couple of MTVs from youtube... haha..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home