Sunday, July 08, 2007

080707

A host of memories flooded my mind while I watched each graduand walked up onto the stage, received their degree scrolls (empty one hor) from our Dean, and later walking back to their seats.

I remembered how wcw and myself went for our medical checkup at YIH, and was "pounced" upon by numerous Arts Club people, trying to get us to sign up for Arts Camp...

I remembered how I got to know Wan-Tsin, Cindy, Yanling during O week, how excited I was when I found out Wan-Tsin was from ACJC, how I saved Cindy from being disfigured and ended up getting cut myself, and how I always found Yanling to be a jolly person to be around with...

I remembered fumbling with CORs, panicking about my modules, and eventually finding loopholes and strategies with the system...

I remembered how I got myself involved with student activities, NUS Archery, NUS Psychology Society, Arts and Social Sciences Club... all the tears, sweat, blood...

I remembered how I got affiliated to Arts Club, ending up with great pals like Diana, Sining, Xiaofen, Swee Giang, Grace, Chonghan, Timmy, Kevin... and many many others... the friendships forged will remain in my heart for a long long long time...

I remembered how my cap went up and down from sem to sem, like a roller coaster, making me change my mind about doing honours time and again... and finally decided that if I should get employed before the end, I shall file for graduation...

I remembered how I was taught to always drink some whiskey just before I enter the examinations hall, so that I may write boldly... and how I criticized the exam questions for one module as part of my answer for my LAST paper in my NUS life........ ended up with an A- =o)

I remembered the Arts Canteen, the Club room, Central Library level 3, 5 and 6, Central Forum...

I remembered Central Library roof top BBQs (haha!), mid Autumn Festivals and occasional heart to heart talks with SOME people...

and with the shaking of prof Tan's hand, I'd closed my NUS Chapter.

Majority of my whole extended family came today... I wasn't expecting anything grand or lavish from them... infact I was quite amused when my mother told me they are all coming. Afterall, it's just a bachelor degree... but I understood it all when she told me I am the first from "our" side to get a degree... pride huh... next up will be my cousin in NTU...

I am very blessed...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home