Saturday, November 19, 2005

191105

woaahh... exams... haha... anyway, was surfing the net... happened to read this from channel news asia...

=======================================
Say 'I do' in your mid-20s for best marriage: survey
=======================================

WASHINGTON : Couples who wed in their mid 20s have the best chance of living happily together until death do them part, a new survey on American marriage found on Thursday.

The results contradict conventional wisdom that partners have the best chance for a healthy marriage if they wait until their 30s, researchers said.

Couples who tied the knot between the ages of 23 and 27 stood the best chance of success, according to a statistical index on the quality of marriage constructed on data collected by the University of Texas for the National Fatherhood Initiative.

...

The survey also found that the top three reasons for divorce in the United States were lack of commitment, too much arguing and infidelity.

=================================

hmmm, right so being a psych student I would prob be expected to ask, what kind of research was done? what's their analysis tools used? was it an experimental or correlational research? so what's the F value? P value? Std Deviation? crack....

oh well, at least I'm not too far off the mark... let's just wait and see if I do get married.. haha..


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home