Tuesday, October 04, 2005

041005

I just gotta blog this down and get it over my head...

I was actually lying on my bed, trying to get to sleep, but that blog post which I read off a friend's blog just kept popping up in my head.. I thought over all the comments posted, and felt so terribly disgusted at some of them.. I just gotta rant about his "friends"... "they" are the one who are making me lose my precious sleep...

Background Info: My Friend (Guy A) feels unappreciated after a whole year of contributions, and decided to blog about it in his blog (which is fine, since it is his blog).. His "friends" read them, and decided to post comments on his blog.

I just can't believe some of them actually called themselves his "Friends" or even "Buddy" since primary school.. This is the actual scenario. Guy A feels so "utterly underappreciated" as he had contributed much to the benefit of others, yet not recognised. He blogs about it, and his "friends" commented something along the line of - I TOLD YOU NOT TO HELP OUT ... BUT YOU DIDN'T BELIEVE ME.. SEE NOW, HOW YOU ABANDONED US FOR THEM... NOW THIS IS WHAT YOU GET IN RETURN... AND THIS SHOW HOW UNPROFESSIONAL THEY ARE.

Excuse me, I thought buddies are supposed to help each other when one falls down, NOT slam them on what went wrong. So instead of saying " I told you this .. and remember how u left us.. blah blah" .... should his buddy be comforting him with words like "It doesn't really matter whether people recognise you, but rather what you felt when you finished what you set out to do. Take teaching for example. Not every teacher gets thanked during teachers' day. Does that mean their contributions were less? NO! If every teacher left just because they did not get thanked by their students on teachers' day, Singapore would be in dire need of teachers! Even long service awards come only after 10 years of service! It is the self satisfaction they get from what they do that sustained them."

I got even more overwhelmed when I saw some of his "friends" slamming the people who "underappreciated" Guy A... If you have over 100 people to appreciate, and your budget only allowed 5 people out of this 100, how will you go about doing it, without leaving anyone behind? so in this case, 95 people would had "seen their true colours" huh ? Well, If you think you could had done a better job, where were you when the job needs people to do them? By HIDING in one dark corner and later coming out to critise when YOU think they did not perform up to YOUR standard... Don't you think you are showing yourself less of a human? If the wood can applease the other 95 people, I'm sure ALL 5 of the "appreciated" people will be willing to exchange it. Afterall, What's in a Plaque?

Haha, the best? People who posted in the comments, who decided to keep their anonymity... I'm puzzled... What are these people afraid of? If you dare to put your comment and slam other people, why use anonymity? OH I get it... You are afraid... Hmm.. perhaps you ARE a lesser human afterall...

Gosh... why do I even bother.. haha.... Good Night People...

Oh yeah, besides the bad stuff, there are a few true friends I saw in his comments... People who used Him to guide Guy A, people who supported Guy A... now, these are the real people... not those vagabonds upthere.... *pui*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home