Tuesday, July 27, 2004

270704 (II)

Second day in Uni, and I've attended one long lecture today together with almost ALL the other freshies... it's not exactly a lecture, just that it's a talk on the different modules offered by the Arts Faculty... AS expected, some lecturers were reaLLy good at capturing the attention of the students, and some ..... oh well, shan't comment.

The lecture theatre was packed to the door!! Chongwei and myself had to sit at the back, on the floor and next to the door during the second half of the lecture. Well, actually there was only one lecture that stretched from 0900hrs to 1530hrs.. no break inbetween, but we left during the american studies and european studies session for lunch, as well as to order my lappy. Art's canteen looks good .. but - VENTILATION PEOPLE... I think the architects next door designed it on purpose! BTW, looks can be so decieving! The canteen looks good .. but the "bah chor mee" SUCKS !!!!!! I don't know what the HELL was it !!! Then again, for $1.80 ... I think I shouldn't ask too much eh? so long as it fills my stomach... I think I should start eating at Angel's... RIgHt..

Let's talk about this year's cohort of freshies can I ? Basically, I don't know about 95% of the cohort, and I only know people like Chanthi, Ian, jeremy chee, qing feng anD Chongwei... Thus, I've decided to JOIN the orientation week, something like what JC orientation is like during 1st 3 months... Oh guess what, from a general asking, alot of people seems to be wanting to do Economics! I hope they all forget about psychology, so that I can take it. Talking about psychology, the first impression the lecturer gave me was "WHAT?? HE is a Psychologist?!?!? HE is going to be my lecturer?? I think he needs 'extreme makeover'!!!" Anyway, he began the lecture as follows...

"I'm going straight for the main thing here, but before that I have to make sure my head of department is not around" (pretends to look arnd)

then he shows a transparency that said "5 reasons you should not take psychology"

1) We do not teach you how to read people's mind
2) We do not teach you how to get that boy/girl you like
3) *forgot this one*
4) It will easily make you bankrupt (credits for bidding)
5) You might not graduate (in time)

HOW DEMORALISING!!! This guy makes me dislike psychology! Or perhaps he's using reverse psychology on us! haha .. I dunno .. whatever.. he is one weird guy.... gonna have fun with him soon... I hope...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home