Sunday, July 18, 2004

180704

My kid didn't turn up today >o His sister forgot to bring him to Wesley. >o
 
Anyway, had a "zo bo" session during sunday school today, looking at other kids, laughing at them, forgetting the hectic society we are in. How nice it is to be like them... such innocence...
 
Oh, since I have nothing much to blog about cause today is like sh#$ ... Let me take this chance to maybe introduce some nice chill out places! Hopefully some of you will comment on OTHER places? hehe.. well.. here goes..
 
For a quiet, romantic evening, especially after a meal in town or movie in town, hop over to Swissotel! Though I don't really fancy that hotel(it's managed by raffles holdings afterall), the bars up there is way relaxing! And when I say up there, I mean up there! Here's the lowdown...
 
Intro bar which is at ground level, didn't check it out as there was hardly a soul...
 
New Asia Bar(level 71 and 72),  which caters to those techno freaks however the 2nd level is for members only. Very crowded, very stressful. Alot of Ang Mos and SPGs ... definately not your choice for a quiet romantic evening.
 
City Space Bar(level 70), which caters to ... Jazz lovers! haha... actually it's quite a small bar, almost unnoticeable! Which is one of its great points though. The bar is rather dimly lit, and it's not crowded at all! It still has a sizeable crowd, but it's not crowded. The resident Jazz singer will sooth your stress away with a light jazz repertoire.. haha. Did I mention they have GREAT nuts over there? haha... check it out though... nice place...drinks/cocktails going at $16 / $18.. Great window view of the Singapore River / Riverside point... I will definately go there again once I have enough $$... hmm... then must find someone to go with ... sigh .. headache again... oh, btw, don't EVER order the caviar.. unless of course you are feeling very rich that night...  Don't let the dim atmosphere fool your eyes. Strictly drinks only in this bar. haha...
 
Well, I'm still on the look out for nice Jazz Bars with the above City Space ambience... any recommendations anyone?
 
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home